Saturday, December 8, 2007

Living a dream - only to be woken up

I don't wish I was Hillary and Bill Clinton's daughter, but I do wish my parents were Hillary and Bill Clinton. Life of President's daughter would be nowhere close to ordinary, how many ever efforts being made. I don't know whether Chelsea Clinton was smart enough or was it her dad's influence that got her into Stanford and Oxford but it is worth it, I would say.
Filthy stuff : a new dress for every occassion - people to wax your body and take care you look dead drop gorgeous - dirty sexy money to use as tissues, always at your disposal - helicopter, merely a mode of everyday transport - jobs waiting for a slight signal to suck you into stream - ...
Criticism exists as well, but again, one needs to see which size of the balance is heavier. If you're fine with no private life - no peaceful vacation - no activity that would go unnoticed - unfair public insult, then there's nothing more you need than being a Clinton.
I would say I'm much happier with my ordinary life, with my ordinary parents, with my ordinary rapports, yet there's a small part in me that wants to be the princess, or even better, the queen only to know if it is actually not worth it.

No comments: