Friday, September 21, 2007

*too amazed to speak*

Marvelous; astonishing; breathtaking; miraculous; phenomenal; spectacular; wonderful.

I wish I could think of some more synonyms for ‘amazing’, yes amazing, that is what the dances today by NUS Dance Ensemble were!

Sitting comfortably on my chair (struggling to enjoy the dance with tall people sitting in the front row; since when do you expect such problems in Singapore??) in the audience, all I could do besides appreciating the tremendous effort and practice behind the mind blowing performances, was to wonder if they were some special dancers or the human body can actually twist/bend/roll/jump/stretch that way!? I was pondering; can I ever do that and do it THAT good? Of course in today’s date I can’t (my foot has not recovered yet!). I’m scared what if I’m not able to even once it has mended and is in faultless state. I don’t ever want it to improve (because then at least I would have a reason to not being able to do wonders that the dancers today did).

But guess I’ll have to come face-to-face with the fact some day; till then it just leaves me curious…

No comments: