Saturday, October 13, 2007

Horse And The Backbone

One of the few things that I detest to the extent that I want to take out and crush the person’s intestines, make him swallow them and tie knots of all the veins in his body is a person being insecure when there is no need to be.

I had to spend 3 hours of my lab with a person who didn’t have the audacity to look anybody in the eye; who did not speak a word unless spoken to; who was so nervous and under confident that he could hardly understand what was going on in the experiment. Alright, we all had an idea as little as him about what we were doing when making the oxygen bomb but at least we were trying to learn and have some fun ‘igniting the fluid’. He was one of those people who think they are dumb and hope to find a “buddy” who will do all the work while he himself will stand aside and focus on something immaterial so intensely so as to look a bit useful.

I don’t understand how anyone can not raise his chin while walking or not look into the other person’s eye and try to make him conscious of his moves rather than become watchful himself. Is it so difficult to have a backbone? Is it so difficult to be like a horse? (Horse symbolizes honor, reverence, power and respect.)

I know I’m being capricious in judging him on the basis of just three hours of “interaction”, but he did irritate the hell out of me!!!

No comments: