Thursday, May 24, 2007

History "Hatched"

Today’s day would be distinguished as the day when Shifali, for the first time, cooked! The food was delicious (I’m sure parents would second the motion). More than proud I was excited. It was enjoyable standing near the gas, everything lined up to be poured into the cooker; vegetables chopped, masalas labeled. So basically, the tough part was already done by others I just had to do the painless. But it’s not that it did not require patience, skill or tolerance (it was pathetically hot in the kitchen!). I’ve “fired” the cook bhaiya, told him “u don’t need to come anymore, this house has found a new and a better cook” =p. (he must be having a ball tonight).

Gym was also entertaining. Few acquaintances here in Jammu, all of them dropped by, in that one hour when I usually don’t want to talk to anyone and work out, but it was pleasant for a change.

I wore the most beastly, nauseating and nasty nail polish today. I guess it was just a reaction to my fantasy of having long nails come true. I was so overly blissfully happy that it hardly mattered when I was applying it. Later, when people commented, either on nails or the color, I felt more stupid than girly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SHFALI!! how could u!!! NAIL PAINT@$%? I, Girika Mahajan, hereby legally disown u as my friend and to be opposite-my-roommate..