Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mirror Mirror on the Wall....

I wasn’t nervous, neither was I cocksure, I was just..umm...angry. I did not want to take part; I was forced to. I did not want to embarrass myself (guess I didn’t after all). I did not want to walk like a…girl. But all's well that ends well! Am happy now with 3000 bucks of well deserved prize (that’s what everyone said at least) and a trophy in my hands and an ugly looking crown (a hair band rolled with red cloth and “decorated” with golden stars) on my head. I wasn’t really on top of the world but yes, it was..umm..fun! (minus the part where I had to repeatedly recite the words “thank you SO much uncle/aunty” and smile one end to the other to reciprocate theirs; man my jaw was exhausted more than my feet, at least I could remove my heels once I was off the ramp)

P.S.: I thought my answer was horrifying, especially when I heard my voice in an eco. No, no don’t get it wrong. It wasn’t that bad either. (Trust me I did not bribe the judges!!)

P.P.S.: There was a tragedy when my chance of performing came but I shall be shush about it for now. Alright! I guess I DID embarrass myself a bit =p

6 comments:

CK said...

may queen!! hahaha

Deepali Jamwal said...

congrats baby!!!
i am proud of u!! i am more proud than embarassed!!!!! MAY QUEEN!!!
don't worry, everything is gonna be okay, it'll just fade away in some time.. have faith in god... ha ha ha

shifali said...

well dear sis u don't need to be embarassed at all in fact, it was just that i was standing on the stage and they played the wrong music twice and in the chaos i stepped on a live wire twice and got the shock of my life, literally! haha..

Unknown said...

lol u got a shock?@#! btw, please tell me there were more than 2 ppl participating..=)

shifali said...

haha funny! there were like 18 of em!

Quarter Past Seven said...

You were May Queen?!! WOweee! and I come to know on the last day of june :( not cool! :P

Komal