Sunday, July 1, 2007

Mood Swing vs Cold Shoulder

I am not its slave, then why do I succumb to it? Do I not have the imperative resistance against it? Will I always be commanded by it? Do I not have a say? Are mood swings that authoritative?!

Till half an hour back I was the happiest person living on this earth (some might argue against it but there is no way you are winning the battle Mr. Charlatan) for reasons more than one, for reasons known to two, for reasons shared by three (literally!). Things were gorgeous, weather beautiful. Nothing could have gone wrong for me not to celebrate my exalted happiness; nothing could have Possibly gone wrong for me not to celebrate my blessedness. Just as I was thinking about the wonderful day I was going to spend working in the office for 9 hours (with only 4 hours of sleep last night; no regrets!) there was a sudden stroke of ‘something that can be described as an unpleasant incident’ and that was all that was needed for my mood to take a 180 degree turn!

It swung from one end of the spectrum to the other in no time. It’s not fair! Not to the reason for which I was happy! It never is I guess. But, shouldn’t it be? After all even the smallest bliss, even the slightest pleasure, even the basic cheer is majestic in comparison to the obnoxious episode of everyday life. All I want to do is to realize the importance of each adversary and give each its share of attention. I believe it all comes in a package with indifference; I cannot stress on how flattered I am by this “word”, more!

The word so powerful that it can take your mood to where it was as quickly as it was displaced; that it can take you to the path of salvation; that it can make you achieve a fragrant aura.

No comments: